Thursday, June 22, 2017

My heart on a string

It's odd being married. The connection we have almost feels a bit magical. Through this entire experience with him becoming a truck driver I've felt slightly different.  Here's the only way I can explain it.  It feels like a very strong string wound around my heart. Whenever he's near it's ok but when he's gone the other end of the string goes with him tightening around my heart.  Sometimes before he leaves my heart unwinds a little to allow more distance but that also seems to hurt. He is currently in the same state but soon he will be halfway across the country.  It's unwound enough for him to travel the distance but I still feel that uncomfortable tug. I know the string won't break, our connection is strong but that doesn't mean it's comfortable or doesn't hurt a bit.
I know this is right. This is suppose to happen. Nothing falls into place quite this perfect if it wasn't meant to be. So I'll be waiting, with my heart wrapped in this string waiting for him to come back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment