Friday, July 29, 2016

Tank update Friday!

(I know I haven't posted in FOREVER but I'm going to move my tank updates from facebook to my blog post; so here goes.)


Tank update Friday!

Tank: 30Gal
Occupants: 1 Angelfish, 7 Corydoras, snails
Planted: yes
Water Conditions: perfect
Notes:  The 30Gal got a new light so they are no longer in the dark.  the light that came with the tank burned the bulb out in less than a month so I decided just to buy a 10$ grow light instead of getting the aquarium light bulb for 8$.  The snail population has exploded... I thought I had killed all the snails because I hadn't seen any in a while but I definitely have them and they are getting huge.

Names: Arrow is the Angelfish.  The Corydoras are Julian and the Spartans





Tank: 3 Gal
Occupants: 1 Betta
Planted: yes
Water Conditions: perfect 
Notes:  I moved the other betta out of my 3 gallon because I accidentally fell in love with the new betta and I just HAD to have him.  I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some medicine for my sick little betta and my husband showed him to me.  He seems very happy in the 3 gallon, although he is very very shy. It is planted with a betta hammock and a diy terracotta filter.  He doesn't seem to mind the bubbles too much. I'm also having some issues with brown algae and my moss ball is looking pretty pathetic...

Name: Zeus




Tank: 10Gal
Occupants: 1 betta
Planted: no
Water Conditions: cycling
Notes:  I put my sick boy in a 10 gallon with a breeder net.  I dosed with Bettafix and after a couple days if he doesn't show significant improvement I am going to get some Bettamax.  I really don't want to loose him... his gills are really inflamed and he has a bump in between his gills in the front.  He lays on the bottom and sometimes curls around.  I gave him his first dose yesterday and it has seemed to help; he is no longer laying on his side.  Going to do at least a 50% water change every 3 days.

Name: Calypso






So those are my fish.  I'm considering starting to do plant updates as well... I have a succulent, an aloe and multiple sprigs of devils ivy.  Mondays?  That sounds good.   Be on the lookout for those posts.  I am also going to make an RIP memorial fish post.  I've lost many fish recently and I would like to make a post about all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment